- Sagebrush Church Parking Lot, 6440 Coors Blvd. NW, Albuquerque, NM 87120
- Sagebrush Church is adjacent to and just west of Diocesan House/The Bosque Center.
- Diocesan House/The Bosque Center will open for restroom access from 11 am-12 pm and 12:30 pm-1:30 pm (one hour before and one hour after the Special Session).
- We ask that you access these restrooms before driving through and checking in for the Special Session.
Delegate Check-In Time:
Special Session Start and End Time:
- The Special Session will begin at 12 noon and is expected to take no longer than half-an-hour.
- This is a socially-distanced event wherein delegates will remain in their vehicles and will participate via Zoom audio on their phones to hear the proceedings and debate the resolution.
- This format allows delegates to be "present" at the same time at the same place, which is currently required by the Constitution and Canons of the Diocese, but in a manner that keeps participants safely distanced per New Mexico Governor's orders.
- Audio for this meeting will be provided via a Zoom meeting telephone number which can be accessed from any cell phone (smart phone, flip phone, or tablet with telephone access). Cell rates may apply depending on individual cell phone plans. There will not be an option to join this meeting by video conference. This Session of Convention will be streamed on the Diocesan Facebook page.
Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.
The Resolution to be voted on:
Pursuant to Article III, Section 2 of the Constitution of the Episcopal Diocese of the Rio Grande (the "Diocese"), as well as Canon 2, Section 3 of the Canons of the Diocese:
RESOLVED THAT The Bishop, with consent of the Standing Committee, may direct that any meeting of A Convention, whether annual or special, be held in "virtual" format, using "remote" electronic communication with both audio and video components available, provided that the means of communication being used is of a form that is reasonably available to a substantial majority of delegates and that would allow all delegates participating in the meeting a reasonable opportunity to substantially and concurrently hear the designated speaker and to reasonably participate in the discussion and voting (a "Virtual Meeting"). Notice of time, place, and virtual nature of the Virtual Meeting shall be provided to all congregations and ex-officio delegates, with general instructions on how to participate [which instructions may be later amended or supplemented]. The Bishop and Standing Committee may also adopt and issue special procedural rules consistent with the Constitution and Canons for handling of any Virtual Meeting.